We are going pink today to raise awareness of breast cancer and to honor those who have fought this disease. I would ask you to take a moment and send out your love and light to those families who have been affected, the courageous fighters, and those who are no longer with us.
Death rates from breast cancer continue to decline due to better screening and early detection, increased awareness, and continually improving treatment options. For this, we are all thankful and need to do all we can to continue this trend!
My card today is in honor of those personal friends who have battled with courage and grace.
- The card base is Stampin’Up! Thick Whisper White cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2″. It is lightly scored at 4 1/4″ to create a clean crisp fold.
- The layers: Melon Mambo 5 1/4 x 4″, Basic Black 5 x 3 3/4″, Whisper White 4 3/4 x 3 1/2″
- The top Whisper White layer was run thru the Big Shot using the Trellis Embossing Folder
- The 2 hearts, from the Wood Words stamp set found in the Stampin’Up! Annual Catalog are stamped in Melon Mambo. The sentiment, also from the Wood Words stamp set is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- A wrap of Black Baker’s Twine finished with a bow pulls the card together.
sweet, simple, and heartfelt.
It can be challenging to know how to show up when someone is battling and struggling with the challenges of illness. I would encourage you to keep it sweet, simple, and heartfelt. Show up, sit, call, text, pray, and listen xo.