Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017.
We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For my project today I knew I wanted to share Heat Embossed Watercolor Resist. It is so easy, and I love how fabulous it looks with this new Daisy!
- The card base is Pool Party and measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2″, the Daffodil Delight is 5 x 3 3/4″ and the Watercolor Paper is 4 3/4 x 3 1/2″.
- I stamped the Daisy image from the Daisy Delight stamp set in Versamark on Watercolor Paper. I used the Embossing Buddy first to eliminate any static. I stamped them one by one and added the clear embossing powder, then did the next flower. It is a little tricky to see where you stamped on this paper.
- My heat gun finished off the embossing part of the card.
- I used the Watercolor Paper because I knew I wanted a “wet” watercolor. Using my Aquapainter I added a significant layer of water to the paper.
- I then picked up some Pool Party ink from the lid of the ink pad. I squeezed water into the pool of ink from my Aquapainter to create a light and very fluid medium.
- I applied a light layer of ink and then gradually added more color to create different depths of color.
- I let the card dry slightly and then used my heat gun again to finish the drying process.
- The back of the Watercolor panel has A LOT of Snail Adhesive to adhere it firmly to the Daffodil Delight panel. The Watercolor Paper can bow or ripple a bit but the snail does the trick to keep it flat.
- The sentiment is also from the Daisy Delight stamp set and is stamped in Pool Party ink and stamped on Watercolor Paper, trimmed with the Triple Banner Punch.
- A knot of our new Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Double Stitched Ribbon finishes the card.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- email me at [email protected] for your FREE 2017-2108 Stampin’Up! Annual Catalog
- Don’t forget that the Eastern Palace Bundles become available to you NOW!
- And I have lots of free goodies when you order them in my online store. Click here for all the details
- And I have a FREE Download that shows off our new In Colors!
- Shop at lisapretto.stampinup.net
- Place a minimum $25 order using HOST CODE 2EVN6ZA3
- Receive a free gift from me
- Place a $50 or more order and receive a $25 goodie bag!!
- Gain access to my Stamping VIP group with exclusive projects, videos and tutorials, and more giveaways!