Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog introduced us to five new In Colors: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum. What a beautiful collection of versatile colors! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s favorite new In Color. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have always been a “green girl” for as long as I can remember and I was thrilled when I saw this new color, Emerald Envy. It is EVERYTHING
- seriously THIS is the world’s most perfect green!
I decided to keep the card really clean and simple and let the beautiful color and this new amazing thinlit do all the work.
- The card base is our Thick Whisper White Cardstock. I always use my scoring blade to gently crease it so that it folds easily.
- The Emerald Envy Layer is cut 4 x 5 1/4″ which is the perfect size to layer the Stampin’Up! Detailed Floral Thinlits on and leave a little border perfect for adhering
- I used my Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach the front panel to the card base, I LOVE that tool! It really makes life easy and I really appreciate how neat and tidy it is to use.
- I’m a big fan of copper with the Emerald Envy. I used my new Copper Embossing Powder, along with a sentiment from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set, for the greeting.
- A little swirl of Copper Metallic Thread and a flag of the super delightful Emerald Envy 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon add just the right touch of flirty fun
I’m not one to have lots and lots of tools around that aren’t necessary. And I really did not think I needed the Stampin’Up! Die Brush and Foam mat…..I don’t know what I was thinking, this think is the bomb!
I used my Magnetic Plate and the Big Shot to make sure my dies were lined up straight…and stayed straight
Then a quick run over using the brush and it came out like a champ. So easy!
I hope you have fallen in love with one of my new favs, Emerald Envy!!…..and many a few other items as well 😉
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Karen Browning at StampwithMeKZB. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB