Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog is filled with amazing products to help you celebrate birthdays in style – from festive balloons to birthday buds, there’s something for everyone.
Today’s It’s Your Birthday Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that share great birthday ideas – we are excited to share what we’ve made and hope you’ll find great inspiration from our talented team members in this hop. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
When I first started stamping 16 years ago, I bought all the stamp sets I loved. Pretty soon I looked at my shelves and so many of my stamp sets looked the same. I didn’t have good images for masculine cards, kid’s cards, sympathy….but i could send a lot of cards with pretty flowers and upbeat sentiments.
Then I came to the realization that I don’t send cards to myself, I send cards to people I care about. Young or old, happy or sad occasion…and I needed to have stamp sets that reflected who and why I actually send cards.
Today’s blog hop is all about BIRHTDAYS! The biggest occasion we send cards is birthdays and I wanted to to give you something different than balloons and flowers, so I went with a card that would be a great masculine card. I can definitely see myself sending this to my dad, father in law or any special fella in my life.
- I used our Shimmery White Cardstock for all 3 layers of this card. I like using our Shimmery white when I want to create a watercolor background
- I used the Stampin’Up! Aqua Painter to apply a wash of Wild Wasabi and Garden Green. I wet the paper slightly and then picked up ink from the inside of the stamp pad lid.
- The tree from the In the Woods stamp set from the Stampin’Up! Occasions Catalog is stamped in Early Espresso over the watercolored background. I did use my heat gun to speed up the drying time.
- The greeting is also stamped in Early Espresso and trimmed with the Triple Banner Punch
- I also stamped the inside of the card using the second greeting from the stamp set and the grass image. The grass is stamped twice without re-inking with Garden Green.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
Today is the first day to earn our 3 new SaleAbration items:
And don’t forget that the best savings will always be our Stampin’Up! starter kit!
- no obligation
- no commitment
- no parties
- lots of free stuff
I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts by leaving a comment!
For my Stampin’Up! Demonstrator friends who are visiting, please be sure to pop over to my training blog, InkBig Academy for great resources designed just for YOU!
Be Inspired*Be Inspiring
Be sure to sign up for our weekly tips and inspiration HERE